Motigo Webstats - Free web site statistics Personal homepage website counter
Anette Wolves today?

I don’t want to disrespect Tuomas by taking his songs

Anette Olzon Central@ Your 1st Source on ex-Nightwish singer Anette // Thursday 13 March 2014

3rd March 2014, Mark Holmes from Metal Discovery conducted the following interview with Anette Olzon:

Part 1
Part 2

MD: Would you ever want to revisit Nightwish songs in your live solo sets, or is that something you want to leave completely in the past?
ANETTE: To be honest, I wouldn’t mind doing it because I like the songs and I’m proud of the songs that we’ve done. I mean, there are many songs I would love to do. But I know, also, that Tuomas, I don’t know whether he’d like me to do it, and that out of respect to the songwriter, I don’t want to disrespect him by taking his songs and doing them while they still play with the band. I mean, they’re going on tour and I’m sure Floor will sing a lot of songs that I’ve done and it wouldn’t be fair to compete in that way. So it’s not that I wouldn’t do it because I don’t like them anymore, it’s a bit of respect for him too. We’ll see. Maybe one day we’ll meet and he’ll say, “hey, do some songs from Nightwish”… “okay, I will do it”. But, for now, I’m not gonna do it in the first thing.


0 comments